2024 Camp Application Announcement
We’ve updated and streamlined our camp application process to make it as efficient as possible!
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Learn more about the process
A link to electronically complete the application, upload required forms, and more will be available here beginning December 20, 2023. If you want to receive the updates in your inbox, be sure you’re signed up as a member and subscribed to our emails!
Other things to note
- Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis as they are completed (including all requisite forms and documentation). It is recommended that you complete the application ASAP – do not delay! We anticipate informing families of their acceptance to camp quickly and likely reaching our capacity in January 2024.
- A physician’s statement is required for the documentation and application process. This statement must be dated within one year of July 4, 2024, to be considered acceptable. The statement may be completed by a primary care physician (e.g., pediatrician), specialist (e.g., neurologist, physiatrist), or advanced practice providers (e.g., NPs or PAs).
- Medical and healthcare professionals, including nurses, PT/OTs, and medical or nursing students, are encouraged to join SRNA’s rare neuroimmune disorder community and support families at camp! If you are a medical or healthcare provider interested in volunteering at camp, please email [email protected] for more details.
- Community volunteers are an essential part of our camp programming through direct engagement with families and children of all ages and abilities, providing supervision and support for them throughout the duration of camp! Community volunteer opportunities at camp are by invitation only at this time. If you are interested in being a community volunteer, and would like to be considered for an invitation, please email us at [email protected] for more details and next steps!
SRNA is thrilled to partner with Morgan’s Wonderland Camp for our 2024 SRNA Annual Quality of Life Family Camp. We had an amazing time in 2023 and cannot wait to welcome old and new friends!
June 30 – July 4, 2024
Morgan’s Wonderland Camp (MWC) in San Antonio, TX
Read about our 2023 Camp
We are so grateful to our 2023 SRNA QOL Family Camp sponsors of Horizon, Rachel Williams Foundation, and The Roles Family Foundation and our community donors who make this program possible.
About Morgan’s Wonderland Camp
Morgan’s Wonderland Camp is a 102-acre oasis of fun. During our Partner Camps, other nonprofit organizations and Morgan’s Wonderland Camp (MWC) work together to create unforgettable camp experiences. With Partner Camps, the Partner organization is responsible for bringing the campers, in-cabin counselors, and medical staff. MWC provides impeccable facilities, housekeeping, delicious food, and most importantly the Ultra-Accessible™ activities!
Ultra-Accessible™ Activities for Campers to Enjoy
- Ropes/Challenge Course
- Zip Line
- Giant Swing
- Horseback Riding
- Animal Interaction
- Arts, Crafts & Digital Photography
- Pools, Relaxing River & Splash Pad
- Bike Riding
- Edwards Aquifer Authority Education Outreach Center
- and more!
SRNA Annual QoL Family Camp
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for SRNA Family Camp?
- Families with children diagnosed with ADEM, AFM, MOGAD, NMOSD, TM, and ON who are 0 to 20 years old are eligible to apply to SRNA’s family camp. Camp is open to families around the world.
- We recommend visiting the U.S. State Department website if you plan to travel from outside of the U.S. (this includes those who may travel from Canada).
- Up to two adults and the camper’s siblings living in the same household as the camper may participate in camp. If you have circumstances that may deviate from this, please contact SRNA. No attendees will be allowed without a fully complete application and requisite background, medical and safety information.
- All applicants must be members of SRNA. Membership is free. If you are not a member, please complete the membership form prior to completing a camp application. Membership is considered by family. While all individuals are welcome to be noted as members, we only require one parent or guardian and/or the child/teen diagnosed be listed for membership.
- If you are uncertain about your eligibility, please contact Rebecca Whitney, [email protected], with any questions!
What is the cost to attend the SRNA Family Camp?
There is no cost for families to attend camp other than your own costs to travel to and from the camp facility, including lodging and meal expenses you may incur during your travels.
SRNA provides lodging and all meals on-site and in partnership with Morgan’s Wonderland Camp, during the event dates.
What is the educational program at camp?
Medical professionals and specialists from our community will be attending camp to interact in our Q&A sessions. The Q&A sessions are for the parents and any of the children, teens, or young adults who attend camp and are interested in connecting with the experts in rare
neuroimmune disorders. Closed sessions for just campers (those with a diagnosis) and separate sessions for their siblings may also be
All medical and professional volunteers attending SRNA Family Camp have been invited by SRNA to join as volunteers and to participate in our program. The medical and professional volunteers may share their experiences and make recommendations but will not be able to provide
specific medical advice.
What if I have more questions?
If you have any questions or want additional information about our camp, please email [email protected] or, call or text Rebecca Whitney, Associate Director, Programs and Community Support, at +1 (513) 449-0495.
We can’t wait to see you in July and experience all the excitement that Morgan’s Wonderland Camp has to offer!
2024 SRNA Quality of Life Family Camp is sponsored in part by:
The Roles Family Foundation