SRNA is excited to announce we’re partnering with Morgan’s Wonderland Camp for the 2023 SRNA Annual Quality of Life Family Camp. We’ll be heading to Morgan’s Wonderland Camp (MWC), July 2 – 6, 2023, in San Antonio, TX, and cannot wait to see you all again!
Partnering with MWC allows SRNA to offer an unforgettable camp experience for families with children affected by rare neuroimmune disorders. With beautiful accommodations and room to roam, MWC also provides Ultra-Accessible™ activities and unique opportunities for our campers to enjoy, including archery, ropes/challenge course, zip line, horseback riding, animal interaction, adaptive sports, pools, a relaxing river & splash pad, and more!
The 2023 SRNA QOL Family Camp is sponsored in part by Horizon, Rachel Williams Foundation, and The Roles Family Foundation. We’re grateful for our sponsors who help bring this unique opportunity to the children and families of our community!
Completed applications and all requested documents may be submitted to us via email at [email protected]. The required physician statement may be sent separately and later than the remainder of the application, but it is required for camp attendance.
Medical and healthcare professionals, including nurses, PT/OTs, and medical or nursing students, are also encouraged to join SRNA’s rare neuroimmune disorder community and support families at camp! For more information regarding volunteering at our family camp, please email us at [email protected] for more details!
Please read more below about Morgan’s Wonderland Camp as well as our FAQ about SRNA’s Family Camp program. More details will be provided and updated on this page as they are finalized. If you have any questions in the interim, please contact us at [email protected], or Rebecca Whitney, at [email protected].
About Morgan’s Wonderland Camp
Morgan’s Wonderland Camp is a 102-acre oasis of fun. During our Partner Camps, other nonprofit organizations and Morgan’s Wonderland Camp (MWC) work together to create unforgettable camp experiences. With Partner Camps, the Partner organization is responsible for bringing the campers, in-cabin counselors, and medical staff. MWC provides impeccable facilities, housekeeping, delicious food, and most importantly the Ultra-Accessible™ activities!
Ultra-Accessible™ Activities for Campers to Enjoy
- Ropes/Challenge Course
- Zip Line
- Giant Swing
- Horseback Riding
- Animal Interaction
- Arts, Crafts & Digital Photography
- Pools, Relaxing River & Splash Pad
- Bike Riding
- Edwards Aquifer Authority Education Outreach Center
- and more!
SRNA Annual QoL Family Camp
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for SRNA Family Camp?
- Families with children diagnosed with ADEM, AFM, MOGAD, NMOSD, TM, and ON who are 0 to 20 years old are eligible to apply to SRNA’s family camp. Camp is open to families around the world.
- We recommend visiting the U.S. State Department website if you plan to travel from outside of the U.S. (this includes those who may travel from Canada).
- Up to two adults and the camper’s siblings living in the same household as the camper may participate in camp. If you have circumstances that may deviate from this, please contact SRNA. No attendees will be allowed without a fully complete application and requisite background, medical and safety information.
- All applicants must be members of SRNA. Membership is free. If you are not a member, please complete the membership form prior to completing a camp application. Membership is considered by family. While all individuals are welcome to be noted as members, we only require one parent or guardian and/or the child/teen diagnosed be listed for membership.
- If you are uncertain about your eligibility, please contact Rebecca Whitney, [email protected], with any questions!
What is the cost to attend the SRNA Family Camp?
There is no cost for families to attend camp other than your own costs to travel to and from the camp facility, including lodging and meal expenses you may incur during your travels.
SRNA provides lodging and all meals on-site and in partnership with Morgan’s Wonderland Camp, during the event dates.
What is the educational program at camp?
Medical professionals and specialists from our community will be attending camp to interact in our Q&A sessions. The Q&A sessions are for the parents and any of the children, teens, or young adults who attend camp and are interested in connecting with the experts in rare
neuroimmune disorders. Closed sessions for just campers (those with a diagnosis) and separate sessions for their siblings may also be
All medical and professional volunteers attending SRNA Family Camp have been invited by SRNA to join as volunteers and to participate in our program. The medical and professional volunteers may share their experiences and make recommendations but will not be able to provide
specific medical advice.
What if I have more questions?
If you have any questions or want additional information about our camp, please email [email protected] or, call or text Rebecca Whitney, Associate Director, Programs and Community Support, at +1 (513) 449-0495.
We can’t wait to see you in July and experience all the excitement that Morgan’s Wonderland Camp has to offer!
2023 SRNA Quality of Life Family Camp is sponsored in part by:
The Roles Family Foundation